We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Is there one does anybody know???

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Well if there is one at all it can only be outside so as such I wouldnt call it a 'smoking area'

As a smoker myself I try and be as considerate as possible even when smoking outside. I will stay as far away as possible from doors, entrances/exits and any busy areas where non-smokers might be passing. Oh, and always, but always put the rubbish in a bin, dont just stub it out on the pavement.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Hi Lincolstable.

If you look on the Manchester airport website you will see you came smoke in areas of T1 and T2 airside.

ian480.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Ian480. Ive just looked at the Manchester Airport website, Im puzzled as to how that information can be up to date though.

Smoking is prohibited by law in all buildings in the UK. Smoking airside ( even for staff ) has been banned for many years at Heathrow, in outside areas because of the presence of aviaton fuel.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Hi Bluebreezer.

AS a non-smoker I must admit I do not take much notice at airports on smoking areas. But I do seem to think I did see a smoking area air side last year at Manchester. It is almost 2 years now that the smoking laws started so I would think the Manchester airport webside would have beem updated in the last 2 years.

I have beem in a few airports in the last year and I cannot think of one which dose not have a small smoking area, but like I said being a non-smoker I do not go out of my way looking for one.

ian480.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Hi,

I think you will find that the whole of the airport is now a no smoking area.

manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/…smokefree

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Every airport in the UK is completely non-smoking. There are no smoking areas in any airport. Outside in designated areas only.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Hi Irlgeo

You are right. It must have been over 2 years ago when I saw smoking at Manchester.

Must admit I have been doing a lot of traveling in the last few years and airports and holiday do merge into each other.

The manchester webite I quoted is dated 2002. About time Manchaster airport updated it.

ian480.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,537 posts
1,686 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

When you go to a terminal at Manchester airport, you will see hordes of people at the exits having a fag.

The smoking area was before the ban came into force.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Thats a shame...East Midlands has a lovely smoking area outside...but with a roof.

Only flying from Manchester as its cheaper..much prefer East Midlands!!!!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking Area at Manchester Airport

Hi,

It is strange that they allow smoking at East Midlands Airport and not at Manchester Airport. East Midlands Airport and Manchester Airport are both owned by The Manchester Airport Group.