We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for comedy

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
looking for comedy

hi can someone help me i'm coming to manchester for the first time on sat august 15th to watch the football and am looking to make a night of it by getting some cheap digs and maybe watching some comedy, so need to know is there many comedy clubs in the town or working mens clubs, thinking maybe of heading up to blackpool for this but don't really want to add to my journey.. old trafford by the way is where i'm heading.. help and thanks

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for comedy

Hi,

Check out the www.the comedystore.co.uk, my son says its a great night out and you wont be disappointed, if you do decide to travel up to blackpool send me a message and i'll try and find some info about the local clubs and whose on that night......Laura

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for comedy

There is only one option as far as I am concerned - The Frog & Bucket on Oldham Street. http://www.frogandbucket.com/

This was the first and still the best for me. Nice informal atmosphere, jugs of beer and a disco afterwards if want to hang around.

I still remember a night with Peter Kay as compare - legend!

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for comedy

what about working men clubs as prob the cheaper option?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for comedy

We had a great night at the Frog and Bucket last summer... saw one of the acts we had seen in Edinburgh and some other people who were very funny indeed. Great atmosphere, all sorts of people there, a place for a really good night out.

manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for comedy

Definitely recommend the Frog and Bucket for a comedy night. Great atmosphere, much preferable to the Comedy Store.

You are also near to the Northern Quarter there, which has some good bars and pubs such as the Bay Horse, Odd and Trof.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for comedy

i also prefer frog over comedy store but you're best to check what acts are on in case there's anybody in particular you'd like to see. for your knowledge, the comedy store is more of an auditorium setting whereas the frog is less formal. there's also opus too but, can't comment on that as i've not been.

7. Re: looking for comedy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:17