We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B near man airport? keep car for week

burton on trent
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
B & B near man airport? keep car for week

Hi we are planning to fly from man in feb and would like to stay B & B before we fly. Would like to find somewhere plesant where our car would be safe for 10 days in feb. And have a good breakfast before we fly. Any suggestions? Fairly close by so taxi don't cost too much. Thanks

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

There's a pub on the A556 that offers this service. I'll try to find the name. Are there others listed on the airport website ?

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

The hotel I suggested is a Premier Travel Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill)

From the M6, exit at junction19 and follow the A556 signposted for Manchester Airport and Stockport. Turn right at the 2nd set of traffic lights, approximately 3 miles along. The hotel is behind The Swan Brewers Fayre Pub which serves food.

This is 7 iles form the airport, perhaps further than you had planned.

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

You might find you have a problem with this as Manchester Airport is a long way out of Manchester or anywhere else for that matter.

I personally would stay in Manchester itself and not worry about the cost of the taxi. I think the extra enjoyment from this will outweigh the extra cost of the taxi. Manchester is, as every one who has ever lived there knows, God's own city, so make the most of it.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

But then you've got the expense of parking your car for ten days...

All the hotels near the airport do a 'stay and park' deal and also have a fee minibus that runs to the airport. The big chains are well represented with Radisson SAS being on-site so you can walk to the terminals (pretty expensive though).

My uncle stayed in the Aiport Hotel by 'accident'. It's actually a pub right by the runway. He'd just phoned directory enquiries and been given their number. But, he stayed and said it was great. Just a basic room in a pub with a good fry-up in the morning.

Level Contributor
81 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

The Pymgate Lodge on Styal Road, Gatley is a really nice B and B about less than 2 miles from the airport. I think they arrange parking.

sarnia ont.
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B & B near man airport? keep car for week

I would recommend Bewleys Hotel at the airport,very nice at 69 pounds per night,you can park there for a fee,good breakfast buffet at 6.95,5minutes walk to the airport,and they have a shuttle to take you there.this is the only place that I would take my family when flying out of manchester.HAVE A NICE TRIP!!!