We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shudehill Interchange to Manchester Airport

scotland
7 posts
Save Topic
Shudehill Interchange to Manchester Airport

I'm flying from Manchester Airport at the end of July but getting a bus from Glasgow to Manchester first. The bus arrives at the Shudehill Interchange and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get from there to the airport? Are there airport buses from Shudehill Interchange? Would also like to know roughly how often they are and how long the journey is from Shudehill Interchange to the Airport?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated =]

manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shudehill Interchange to Manchester Airport

I don't think that there are any airport buses from the Shudehill interchange. (Is it definitely the Shudehill interchange that you are arriving at and not Chorlton Street ?)

The metro is closed in central Manchester at the moment, which is not ideal.

If you have not got much to carry, then you could walk to Piccadilly train station from the interchange, which will take about 15 minutes. Trains go every 15 minute or so from there, so would allow around fifty minutes to an hour for the whole journey.

If you do have quite a bit to carry, then would suggest that you get a taxi to the station, costing around £5. You should be able to flag a black cab down on the street outside the interchange fairly easily.

Unfortunately, with the Metro down the links between the transport hubs in the centre of Manchester is not great at the moment.

scotland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shudehill Interchange to Manchester Airport

Yeah definately Shudehill Interchange.

Thanks very much for your help.. We're going to have suitcases etc so looks like a taxi to the station will be our best option.

Thanks for your help.. much appreciated!

3. Re: Shudehill Interchange to Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 06:17