We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

we are staying in manchester airport travel lodge on a sunday evening, we would like to have a takeaway delivered. does anyone have a name and number of a pizzeria, indian or chinese??? or alternativley any near by restaurants or pubs that serve food??? thank you!!!!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

I think you are going to be pretty much stuck with the hotel bar/cafe. Probably, and I could be wrong on this one, the nearest Pub is the Romper and that would be around a mile + away and not a very nice walk at night. I'm guessing taxi companies wouldn't want to do the short run.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

I'm not sure if there are any local places that deliver - there is a new takeaway pizza place in Hale Barns called "That Pizza" - they're on 192.com. In the same area (a small precinct) there's several restaurants/takeaways - I don't know which if any are open on Sunday evening - La Famiglia, Cherry Tree, Wok-2-Go and Admirals. There are also a couple of pubs - Corban's Gallery & the Bull's Head. This area is about 1½miles from the Travelodge - there is an hourly bus.

As the previous poster says the Romper, in the opposite direction is probably the nearest off-airport eating place.

Mentioned in this post
Wok 2 Go
Wok 2 Go
39 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

Try searching just-eat.com.uk and enter the postcode of where you are staying and it should bring a list up of all the registered takeaways in that area which deliver.

Hope this helps

Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

sorry I meant to put just-eat.co.uk

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

the obvious alternative is to take a trip into manchester centre lots more choice there!!

BTW love your city - am going there on Sat!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

Assuming you have a car, I can recommend the Sangam, an Indian on Wilmslow Road in Heald Green (about 10 mins drive). There's a TGI Fridays nearby too, at Cheadle Royal; and the pub there (called the Chealde Royal) serves food. About 5 mins further south from Cheadle Royal, the Handforth Chinese is ok, too...

Mentioned in this post
TGI Fridays
TGI Fridays
109 Reviews
Manchester, UK
8. Re: take aways that deliver or near by restaurant!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 05:17