We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive accomodation

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ODR
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive accomodation

Hi guys,

I know this question is boring enough, but I've been searching the forum for a while and I haven't found the answer I need.

I am going there with some friends for a couple of nights in October and I need to find a really inexpensive place to stay (Spain is in crisis!!!), so please do not tell me about the Hilton or Radisson... I mean inexpensive, do you know any place under 50 pounds (there is not sterling sign on my keyboard) per room per night?

Cheers

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

It'd help to know how central you want to be, and also if you're visiting on a weekend, as these two things certainly can make a difference in price/standard of hotel.

However, on laterooms, you can, for instance get this hotel for Fri/Sat 16/17 October (at present) for £42 and £55 per night respectively, and it's 4 km away

laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/4204_mon…

Really central and you're could struggle on a weekend at this short notice I think.

Travelodge are in the price range and have some availability for a couple of October weekends, depending on location.

Cheap, hostel accommodation?

…bookhostels.com/hattersgroup.com/…

Sorry if this doesn't hack it, but you didn't give us much to go on!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

Eccles is not in the centre of Manchester although not too far of.

Centrally, you are looking at travelodges , Ibis etc

Park Inn has not been open long and may be worth a look. Also definitely check laterooms

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

hilton chambers seems to get good reviews on here and that's cheap.

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

You could probably get a room at the Days Hotel for under £50 per night. The rooms are OK and well fitted out though definitely compact. The hotel is on the northern end of the Manchester University campus, near Piccadilly Station and within easy walking distance of all the attractions of central Manchester.

Alternatively, there is a youth hostel in Castlefield - that would certainly cost less than £50.

ODR
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

Many thanks for your answers, really helpfull.

We are travelling on Oct 17 for two nights, and yeah, we would like to be as central as possible.

I have found a new problem, we are 7, so we need a room for 3 which it seems to be a problem in some hotels.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

you are 7 but only 3 of you are staying overnight? I do not understand "we are 7 but need room for 3" How many beds do you need?

You will really struggle getting a room for 3 people for less than £50 a night - The Days Inn rooms start from £45 but I cannot recommend it as I have never stayed there, and also whether they can do a room for 3 for less than £50/night.

Jurys Inn may be worth an ask - but as I say you will really be struggling to find a room for 3 people for less than £50/night

Can you not increase your budget as it is low for the city centre

ODR
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

Terrible mistake on my side, we need a room for 3 plus 2 double rooms. I mentioned it because I called this afternoon to the Ibis and they told me that there are not any 3 people rooms in the hotel, eventhough the girl on the phone told me that only one hotel in the whole Manchester offers 3-people rooms... a pity I did not ask her the name.

I know the budget is tight, I am just trying to see if you know any place which is not accesible through a hotel browser as GTA, expedia, hotels, etc...

I have already found about 15 hotels with 3 people rooms, so no comments about that!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

If you have founds rooms for less than £50 that will accodomate three people then good on you

UK
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

Try the Old Trafford Lodge at Lancashire County Cricket Cricket Ground. Outside the city centre but next to a Metro station. Weekend rates at £49 per room per night for up to 2 adults and 2 children.

http://www.lccc.co.uk/otl.php?p=news&id=112

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive accomodation

There are a number of hotels that wont accomdate 3 adults in a room, premier inns for example will not accept a group in the room, its has to be a family kids under 16, I personally think its stupid and a more expensive option, to book more than one room, Id opt for an apartment serviced in city centre, the place is a good one, or maybe cost wise one on the outskirts,Il try and google a few places for youe budget and get back to you.