We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
758 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Hi

We'll be travelling to Manchester by bus from Liverpool airport on Tuesday. Should we get off the coach at Picadilly or Shudehill and which bus will then take us to the hotel in Salford? How much is the fare for 2 adults?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Salford
Salford
Greater Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

a taxi wouldnt be much more from Picadilly I would do that especially for 2 of you

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
758 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Oh really?

How much would a taxi cost approx?

What type of taxi would be best - minicab or car - and is it easy to get one at picadilly?

I'm just a bit apprehensive as last time we were in Manchester we got ripped off by a cab driver - we didn't find out until later :(

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Hi,

The bus fare would be about £2.00 each to The Campanile Hotel from Piccadilly Bus Station. The # 33 bus goes from the bus station and stops opposite the hotel, there's a bus every 15 minutes and the journey takes around 10 minutes.

gmpte.com/upload/routemaps/33_63_27208.pdf

A Firstday ticket would cost £4.00 each and this would allow you to use that companies buses all day. That ticket might be more economical if you intend to make more journeys during that day. i.e. to The Trafford Centre and back.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Trafford Centre
Trafford Centre
80 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

good work irlgeo

There are however plenty of taxis at picadilly make sure you get into a genuine black cab

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
758 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Thank you both.

Just one more thing - how much should I expect to pay in a black cab for this journey?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

From Piccadilly train station to Campanile in Salford - taxi rank at the station - black cab - 5-10 mins - £5 or £6 - taxi rank - London Road, Mancunian Way - Regent Road - Campanile on your right - I'd guess the journey is no more than 4 miles.

Mentioned in this post
Salford
Salford
Greater Manchester, UK
London
London
England, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Went past the Campanile today on the way to Piccadilly - it's more like 2.5 miles.

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
758 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

Sorry for pestering you all - I think we will be getting off the airport bus at Picadilly - the big square in the City Centre? As we're leaving from Shudehill Interchange the following day, would we better getting off here too and is it easy to pick up a taxi or bus at Shudehill?

I guess what I'm basically asking is:

Where to get off the bus in Manchester and where will we find a taxi?

Sorry for the confusion about the train station!

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
9. Re: Which bus-city centre to campanile hotel, Ordsall lane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:18