We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Centre or Deansgate

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
City Centre or Deansgate

Hope you can help. Staying in Manchester soon for one night for the footy (midweek). Which is the best & safest area to stay in. Dont really want to stay right next to the ground, but will be travelling up by train so dont wanna be too far from Piccadilly. Also am trying to find out if there is anywhere decent open midweek night for a few beers after the game. Been told possibly Deansgate? Is that easy to get to from Piccadilly and back from Old Trafford. Many Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

have a look at www.laterooms.com

I like the Radisson and Macdonald

Other good choices are Novotel, Ibis, Lowry, Midland, Hilton, Malmasion

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

Depends what budget you ..your options for near deansgate and near tram stops..

Premier inn Manchester Central was gmex..right opposite the midland and right near the tram stop to piccadilly station. in this area is an abundance of great bars/Restaurants

Premier inn portland st, a 8 min wlak to piccadilly train station and again near to some good bars/restaurants.... good rooms at premier inns, and reasonable, get booking though they sell out quick on match days..

Premier inn men arena near to deansgate end and for shopping/printworks etc, but a good walk to piccadilly train station...

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

i presume you do mean deansgate and not deansgate locks? some people get confused! with it being a match night, you tend to find the hotels charge full whack because of the large number of un!ted tourists coming up/over. the ramada in piccadilly gardens is in a very central location and handily placed for the tram to get to the game, and from piccadilly station (if you're too lazy to walk). kro would be good for a couple of pints. the wetherspoons can be a bit rough though. alternatively, it's a short walk from here to the northern quarter.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

Try www.booking.com - this is the second time i've mentioned them in my recent posts - I don't work for them . It's just that I like the combination of prices,customer reviews and maps. I'm over in Manc on Sat night and I'm staying at Luther House which isn't central but very cheap. Avoid the Merchants Hotel - it's got some scary (but entertaining) reviews. I like The Salutation pub for a beer - has occasional music/dj stuff on there...Perhaps you could try Manc music fora like Elektriks or Last Rites for advice?

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

Hi mate,

you better book well in advance as you have stated your going there on a match day so most hotels will be pretty full

6. Re: City Centre or Deansgate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17