We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars and clubs

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
bars and clubs

Myself and a few friends are coming to manchester on the 19th feb for 2 nights, none of us have been before so I'm just wondering which are the best bars and clubs to go to?

I had a look at the printworks website and pure and entourage look ok...

On the friday we are looking to just have a few drinks not a mad night so which is the best area that is still fairly lively? We are staying in the e-tap salford keys so are there any nice bars around there?

Also how long and rougly how much is a taxi to the nothern quarter/printworks from this hotel or could we take a tram in as I've heard there is a tran stop across from the hotel.

thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars and clubs

pure is good entourage recently open there is also m2 on peter street

Just for drinks I like Bar 38 again on Peter Street depends what you like really

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
634 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars and clubs

etap salford? no there aren't really any bars around there. just jump on the tram into the city centre. a taxi back will cost around £10 - depends on whereabouts you are in town really. can't really recommend anywhere without knowing what sort of scene / music you all like. you could split the city centre into at least half a dozen sections. personally i like the northern quarter and the oxford road side of town - despite it being a bit studenty (oxford road that is)! for a bunch of girls i'd probably suggest the northern quarter for friday and printworks or canal street or peter street or deansgate locks on saturday. see the link below for ideas.

http://www.manchesterbars.com/

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bars and clubs

thanks both.

We are in to pretty much all types of music although we prefer r'n'b, dance and general chart stuff for a night out. Not really into chessy pop though.

The area around town hall looks ok on the above website is it a good place to start a night and then head into any of the other places? Deffinatly think we'll get a tram into town rather than a taxi how much does it cost?

thanks once again.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bars and clubs

Hi,

The fare from Salford Quays to the city centre is £2.20 return and the last tram back to Salford Quays, on Friday and Saturday nights, is at 12:20am.

Good luck.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
634 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars and clubs

when you ask about the town hall area being a good place to start the night, do you mean eating wise? if so, yes, piccolinos and croma enjoy good reputations and i can vouch for both of the chophouses. if it's just drinks and music though, there's only lime that would probably be suitable for your tastes. as i've suggested above, i think printworks, deansgate locks, and deansgate itself will cater to your needs. r n b? well edwards on portland street, piccadilly is for you.

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars and clubs

Hi, if you are looking for cocktails and glamour then I would suggest John Dalton Street, there is Panacea and Ithica-they are really nice but can be expensive, they both close around 3am. The Living Room bar on Deansgate is always really busy and very popular. Also, there is Revolution on Deansgate Locks -it has a mixed crowd with a huge bar on the ground floor and a club downstairs, I would recommend that for a girls night out. The Printworks tend to be for a younger crowd and is quite studenty.

7. Re: bars and clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 06:23