We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

We fly to Egypt with Thomson from Terminal 2 and I see there are 2 lounges in terminal 2, is there any difference in quality or services between the Escape or the Styal Lounges? Used the Bollin Lounge in terminal 1 last year, are both these options similar?

Barry.

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Never used the Bollin or Styal Lounges but, after recommendation have used the Escape Lounge in T2 and will do again in May 10. Depending on your time of flight (we usually fly from MAN to the USA so flights are in the morning) you will probably see differences in the snacks available. Breakfast is usually a good selection of cereals, toast, Danish pastries, fruit, crisps, choc bars etc. There is also a good selection of drinks, soft and alcoholic, as well as tea, coffee etc. There is also a wi-fi facility, newspapers, magazines etc etc. I think it is really worth the money, especially to get away from the overpriced food in the Terminal as well as the ever-swelling crowds. Go for it!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Hi there Treelo2006

Don't want this to sound as if we're alcoholics, but what alcoholic drinks are available?

We're flying to Kenya in July late evening (fly out on hubby's birthday so am thinking of treating him to a bit of R & R before we fly). Haven't flown from Manchester airport in over 10 years and it sounds as though it'sgrown bigger and busier. Just want to chill out!

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Hi TheGodwins

Sorry to have taken so long to reply to your question - have been away for a few days without telephones, computers, tv etc and it was absolute bliss. Anyway back to your question. It is probably easier to ask what you want to drink! There is the usual whisky, gin, vodka, brandy beers etc etc etc. The only extra charge is if you want to have champagne - which can be ordered in advance. Hope you enjoy the Lounge, it really is worth the money.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

I was looking forwards to trying the Escape Lounge for a treat for us to start our holiday in 'style',but looks like it doesn't open until 6am and our flight is down to depart at 6.35am. (Although we have never took off on time yet in all our years of travelling LOL)

Looks nice and comfy on the website photos though.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Hi I have just been looking at the lounges, The cost is £25.00. Is food and drink on top of these prices?

Thanks

Cath

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

Thanks for all the info, have just got round to booking the Escape Lounge and got it for £18.50 each and there is no charge for food and drink apart from champagne but I can do without bubbles before I fly. Search for Trip Extras to find this price.

Barry.

jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

This may sound a bit of a strange question, but are there any windows/views in the escape lounge in T2?? We used the Styal lounge last year which was ok but there were no windows or views at all and felt a bit "closed in".

Many thanks in advance for any info :-)

york
Level Contributor
34 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

I have just booked for £15.00 each on Manchester Airport Website.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
9. Re: Which Airport Lounge in Terminal 2.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:16