We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet cafe near Piccadilly station

I'm having a meeting with a work colleague, when we'll need to be able to concentrate and talk in peace - does anyone know of a decent cafe which does nice coffee and sandwiches/snacks which is near to Piccadilly?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet cafe near Piccadilly station

There's a Cafe Nero atthe bottom of the walkway that's OK but very standarad. Otherwise, the main hotels (City Inn, Malmaison) would do coffee and light meals.

A lightly further walk is Kro (a bar) which might be good. Further on is the Northern Quarter with quite a few funky independent shops but you're talking a tricky 10 minute walk.

In my opinion, the best food is in the little kebab shops just nearby the station (Cafe Marhaba is great) but they might not suit your needs!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet cafe near Piccadilly station

Thanks for these ideas - will look into them.

The kebab places sound good - but are they really just takeaways? Do they have seating or are they just crowded corridors?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet cafe near Piccadilly station

They're generally small cafes. Loads of businessmen from the local offices go at lunchtime. The food can be great.

Cafe Marhaba or Kebabish are the two closest to Piccadilly. Kebabish is bigger. The food is great but I'd probably go for Marhaba as my favourite.

We're talking formica tables, jugs of water and that's about it. Don't expect anything other than functional and (just about) clean but you won't get better food in Manchester at lunchtimes.

4. Re: Quiet cafe near Piccadilly station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 05:17