We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson Manchester Airport

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Radisson Manchester Airport

Hi all

We're booked into Bewleys at Manchester Airport on 14th Sept but would much rather stay at the Radisson for the convenience. We stayed there last Sept for £75. Cheapest price I can find is £125 - which is £46 dearer than Bewleys and it's definitely not £46 more convenient! When checking August dates it was around the £85 mark so does anyone know from past experience if Radisson normally reduce their rates closer to your travel date? I 'phoned them and they said the rate was unlikely to change, but they're going to say that aren't they!

Many thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

I don't know why the Radisson is £125 but you can get Bewleys for £55 for your date or the nicer 4 star Crowne Plaza for £87 (both on pre-paid, non refundable rates). Bewleys is a decent hotel for one night.

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

Hi Cheshirecat, where did you see Bewleys for £55? It's £79 or their website. We've stayed in Bewleys before and it was fine but we're arriving by train and prefer the direct access to the terminals, it's just much more convenient.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

Look on kayak.co.uk -Bewleys is showing as £55 on one of their links.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

we paid £90 for a business room last summer

Have you tried www.laterooms.com?

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

Thanks CheshireCat, I think I might keep the flexible booking though in case the Radisson come down.

I mainly use travelsupermarket.com which lists several agents, they're all showing £125 for Radisson at the moment.

Thanks

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

Last year we paid £99, but we noticed it was £125 with breakfast, so is that were the discrepency lies, breakfast is included which at £13 p/p is about right. It is a nice hotel and just 200yds on the travelator to the check in desks

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

No the £125 doesn't even include breakfast! Not that we could take it anyway as we have to leave at 3.30am. We won't arrive until 7.30pm and we leave at 3.30am so although I'd prefer the convenience I'm not paying £125.

England
Level Contributor
595 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

I too would like the Radisson but it is £93.75 for the dates in November I am looking at.

I have had some information re last minute and their secret rooms. Looks like their £55 for one night without parking is for the Hilton so am tempted to book it. Reviews not wonderful but the price to book is £95 and there is no way I would pay that for it. Crowne Plaza is £70 looks like midweek which is what I need is more expensive than the end of week or weekend.

Still can't make up my mind'

Sue

9. Re: Radisson Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 06:48