We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas day in manchester with a six year old

malta
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
christmas day in manchester with a six year old

Hello

We will be travelling to Uk from mthe 19th - 26th December. I was trying to plan the holiday but it seems that on Christmas Day nowhere is open for kids. We will be driving in the Uk. Any suggestions where we can pass our last day in the UK something which a six year old would enjoy herself. We will be based in Manchester. Thanks.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

where will you be staying? actually in Manchester?

difficult to give advice without some more detail

I would head for the coast.....

malta
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

We will be staying in trafford park. Trafford Centre is closed and everything seems to be closed. We were thinking of an amusement park like drayton manor but even these are closed as far as I know. your help will be greatly appreciated

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

It's almost certain that everything that might appeal to a six year old will be closed. It's one of two days in the UK when virtually everything is shut ( the other being Easter Sunday). I don't envy you trying to keep a young child occupied on Christmas Day.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

Actually, having said that Google "Manchester Christmas Day activities" and click on the kidsguide link.

I'd normally post the actual link but haven't figured out if that's possible from an iPhone yet.

(Oooh, get me!)

manchester england
Level Contributor
691 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

Hi

all will be shut on xmas day there are parks around there [ is the hotel not putting something on?]

davyhulme park

sale water park

chassen park

longford park [ animal bit in there free]

just need to entertain with them with xmas pressies and goodies all places closed

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

I would suggest do all your activites before the 25th and stock up on puzzle books and crayons .... i think public transport is non-existent anyway and taxxi pcrices sky rocket!

manchester
Level Contributor
331 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

On Christmas day, why not pay a visit to my church

http://www.lighthousecc.co.uk/

Its near Trafford Park .. long walking distance.

Also, every Christmas, we have a slap up dinner in Chinatown or Rusholme (Wilmslow Road). Plenty of restaurants open there.

Cant think of anything else to do apart from watch tv.

8. Re: christmas day in manchester with a six year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 04:16