We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

Hi,

I am driving to Manchester Airport from Birmingham on Monday to collect my mother. I'll have my three year old and six month old children with me. Any suggestions for child friendly parks or attractions near the airport where we can let off some steam before the drive home? Even a pub with a jungle gym attached would be welcome. Thanks.

Edited: 17 September 2010, 16:11
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

I'm no expert on children's facilities but two ideas spring to mind:

There's a small council-run park and with a children's playground on Stamford Park Road in Altrincham. That's just 15 minutes drive away from the airport. (and it's free). I can vouch that the park is well maintained.

Tatton Park is about the same distance away to the south. It's National Trust owned but run by Cheshire County so even NT members have to pay for the car park. It has a good children's playground plus a child friendly farm.

Hope that helps

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

Thanks for the info. Tatton Park seems ideal. Here's hoping for a dry day!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
1,632 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

Quarry Bank Mill is another NT property very near the airport. A lot of schools do visits there.

Manc_Brel
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

When I was a kid, the airport itself was enough fun for me. I used to love going up to the observation area and watch the planes coming and going.

Once an Anorak...!!

Edited: 20 September 2010, 12:35
5. Re: Child friendly attractions near Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 05:44