We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night, secure parking and sky sports?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, England.
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
One night, secure parking and sky sports?

I am bringing my son up to Manchester to have a look around the university, it is a long drive, so we are staying Friday night.

I am searching for hotels in the city center, with some sort of secure parking. Also the hotel must have 'Sky Sports', as we are great Golf fans and want to see at least a little bit of the Ryder Cup!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
854 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night, secure parking and sky sports?

There is a NCP car park next to the coach station on Chorlton St in the centre. Not sure on costs.

Manchester has many hotels around Piccadilly Gardens which is very central. Not sure about sky sports?

I went to uni in Manchester and it's a great place to be a student.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night, secure parking and sky sports?

Not many city centre hotels that have their own parking, but many will offer discounted rates at nearby NCPs - which will be secure, security etc...

My experience of most hotels in the UK nowadays is that they don't have the premium sky channels in the rooms (movies or sports). Many will have TV(s) in the bar though, generally switched to a news or sports channel. That's for the Premier Inn type places though (which are decent in my experience). The more 4/5 star establishments tend not to have tvs in the bars.

Plenty of pubs/bars in the city centre that will be showing sports though - although football will generally take precedence I'm sure they'll put the golf on at least one of the tvs if there are several.

Manc_Brel
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night, secure parking and sky sports?

The City Inn have i-macs in their rooms which serve as tellys. I recall that their London hotel had sky sports on it, so give them a call to ask at the Machester one? As said, parking will be at a local NCP or the like.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night, secure parking and sky sports?

the more expensive the hotel, the more likely it is they will have sky sports.

5. Re: One night, secure parking and sky sports?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 07:19