We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Apollo Parking

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
41 reviews
Manchester Apollo Parking

Hubbie and I are off to see Mumford & Sons at the Apollo this Saturday,

Do any of you have tips on the best places to park? We're driving from North Wales. Also where can we grab a quick snack nearby to eat in the queue?

Many thanks in advance!

manchester england
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

there are a couple of car parks more or less right next to the apollo,probably better to use them as its not the best area, also there really isnt anywhere nearby to eat

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

I would park somewhere more secure and just follow the crowds!

I do agree about the area I work fairly close to the Apollo

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
654 posts
243 reviews
3. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

i always park along the road down the side of the park. i've never had a problem. either that or park in town (near piccadilly station) and walk up.

Manchester
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

Although the area isn't the best and I wouldn't normally consider parking around there, when there is a gig on there are loadsof cars parked on the main road and down the sidestreets. Before and after a gig it is relatively safe as there are lots of people about. Just observe the usual stuff - don't leave anything on show in your car

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

Thanks everyone!

We've read your comments are thinking of doing park and ride on the Metrolink then walking down from Picadilly. Sounds like it's not to far.

Best wishes

Jo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

Not at all its about a ten min walk or so from Piccadilly

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

Thanks for all your contributions everyone! We had a great time last night. Left the car at the new Park & Ride multi-storey in Sale. It's operated by Q-Parks. At the moment, they have a special offer - £6 including car parking and a return Metrolink ticket.

We grabbed a bite to eat at Tai Wu then jumped a taxi from Oxford Road station to the Apollo. After the gig, we walked back to Picadilly. As you all said, it's not far and there were loads of other people doing the same thing.

And Mumford & Sons were amazing!!!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
8. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

Do you know if you can park in the apollo car park all day? I'm going to a gig there tomorrow and getting there early to start queuing up.

9. Re: Manchester Apollo Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 07:16