We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

Manchester
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

I have just been informed that part of the M56 is closed this weekend and next weekend. I am flying out of tManchester Airport on Sunday and back the following week - does anybody know whether I will still be able to use the motorway to get there and back without too much hastle and will the junction for the airport turn off be open? I will be travelling from Droylsden on M60 getting on at Junction 23.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

There is an alternative route, using the A34 (what is a 50 mile an hour duel carrageway for most of it) from the M60, towards Handforth and then in by local roads in Heald Green, to pick up the B5166

Edited: 12 October 2010, 10:57
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

Check the A34 route carefully, as coming from the Droylesden direction if you take the A34 junction you can only go towards the city centre not out towards Handforth. You can follow Cheadle Royal signs which is thew right direction but that route winds round a bit before joining the A34

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

Hi,

This link will give you the information, it looks as though you will be OK.

highways.gov.uk/roads/documents/Roadworks.txt

Good luck!

Manchester
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

Many thanks - may only affect us coming back then from looking at this link.

Thank You all so much.

5. Re: Travelling to Manchester Airport this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 05:18