We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transport please!

Dublin
Level Contributor
515 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Help with transport please!

Hi

Looking to find the the best way from the airport to Radisson Edwardian Peters Street excluding taxis. I've been looking at trains and there looks to still a bit of a distance (20min walk) from Picadilly Station to the hotel.

Recommendations appreciated thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transport please!

Hi,

Tram from Piccadilly to St. Peter's Square will take you within about 50 metres fo the Radisson Edwardian (Altrincham or Eccles tram (NOT a Bury tram)).

There's also a free bus service from Piccadilly, route 3 (I think) will take you very close to the Radisson Edwardian http://www.gmpte.com/buses/metroshuttle.cfm (5th stop I reckon).

Hope that helps.

Pete

Edited: 12 December 2010, 21:27
Dublin
Level Contributor
515 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transport please!

Thank you, will look both up now.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with transport please!

That's spot on info from retep68 - but adding to it -.

The free bus service actually drops you right outside your hotel on Peter St on the correct side of the road. You pick up that bus (it's a purple one) just on the left hand side immediately through the exit at Piccadilly Stn and they run every few mins. Brilliant free service.

The trams run from the lower level at the station (see signs to them) and make sure you don't get a Bury one. Your tram stop is St Peter's Sq and you will have to trundle your cases across the road to the hotel.

Dublin
Level Contributor
515 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with transport please!

Free bus sounds good to me!! Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with transport please!

Staying at the Edwardian and wanting a free bus thats Chalk and Cheese but like your Style have a good trip :-)

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with transport please!

WALK IT ,YOU LAAAZZZY Get (royal family) its only 20 mins. have a great time in manchester.

7. Re: Help with transport please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 06:21