We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salford quays & manchester city stadium???

Swansea
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
salford quays & manchester city stadium???

hi, was wondering if the premier inn at salford quays would be a suitable hotel to stay for a long weekend trip whilst going to watch a home match at manchester city!!?? i.e, locality to stadium? and other places of interest!??

also, is the salford quays area a nice place to stay generally and how much or how long would it take in a taxi? or other means of transport.

many thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: salford quays & manchester city stadium???

There are a couple of premier inns at Salford quays and both are very close to Old Trafford.....so maybe not the best place to stay if you're a blues fan!!

There is a small outlet shopping centre at the Quays as well as a couple of restaurants and bars but it's mostly new apartments.

The metrolink runs into the city centre regularly but i'd recommend staying in a hotel in the centre and getting a taxi to the match as it's only a mile or so out of the city.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: salford quays & manchester city stadium???

as above. you're better off staying around the nothern qtr, piccadilly or one of the apartments in or around ancoats (just on the cusp of the city centre but ideal for coms).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: salford quays & manchester city stadium???

Again I would check out www.laterooms.com.

I definitely think that staying in the city centre is best

4. Re: salford quays & manchester city stadium???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 09:17