We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking city centre

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arran
13 posts
Save Topic
Car parking city centre

Hello, we are heading into manchester for the chinese new year this sunday. Can anyone suggest a cheap good car park near china town?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking city centre

Hi,

If I was heading into town on Sunday I'd just find an on-street space - they're free on Sunday's, just make sure you're in a marked bay. I'd steer clear of China town though (I guess much of it will be closed off to traffic anyway).

As long as you find somewhere in the city centre you shouldn't be more than a 5-15 minute walk from China town.

Cheers

Pete

Edited: 31 January 2011, 08:53
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking city centre

I echo what Pete said steer clear of China Town. Albert Sq will also be busy and plenty of road closures. Best to park on street but double check your in a bay.

Manchester
Level Contributor
780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking city centre

You are also OK on SINGLE yellow lines on a Sunday.

4. Re: Car parking city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 17:18