We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on bars/clubs please

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on bars/clubs please

Looking for recomendations on bars, pubs, clubs that will play club classics and 70's and 80's music.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

For clubs it all depends on what day you are planning to go out on, as clubs have different nights on during the week.

I would be able to help you a little be better if you can give me some sort of age range?

Cheers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Birdcage for anything 70's onwards! Its very cheesy though. Lots of Hen Parties etc.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

fab cafe, perhaps. odd (northern qtr) and odder bars (oxford road) play a diverse selection of music too.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Thank you for the replies! We are 25 and 27 and going out on a Saturday night. We both enjoy the club classic and 80's music so any suggestions within the city centre would be much appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Thank you for the replies! We are 25 and 27 and going out on a Saturday night. We both enjoy the club classic and 80's music so any suggestions within the city centre would be much appreciated.

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

If I'm not replying too late and you haven't been yet you may like Sublime which is a small club below Lime Bar on Booth Street (just off King Street). The bar is quite nice, the club plays lots of the old cheesy classics & it's not too expensive.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Isnt Lime Bar still closed though?

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Sorry, I didn't realise it had closed - I also didn't realise how quickly time has flown by since I was last there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

Have a look on here for some ideas, I used it for when I was down in Manc :)

manchesterconfidential.co.uk/Entertainment/…

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on bars/clubs please

I'm 41, SWM and in London for the 1st time starting this Friday for 1 1/2 weeks.(in Edinburgh now and JET LAGGED) UGH!

I can only dance to this same sort of music! 80's is IT! Some modern stuff though, like Black Eyed Peas!

Birdcage sounds promising, I can handle dancing with a whole hen party! HAHA!