We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I need help!

12 of us are landing next friday night.. we are stayin in the laystall apartments, where are they situated in connection to main shopping area? canal street? We are also going to be watching sport and drinking on saturday, are there any good pubs to watch football and drink?

thanks a million

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help!

The area around the pedestrianised Market Street and the Arndale Centre is where most major chain stores are to be found. More upmarket stores(Armani, Boss etc) are around King Street, St Ann's Square and the Triangle. Deansgate used to be a main shopping street but apart from Kendals (big department store) it's a bit so-so these days. Then funky, alternate stores are centred around Afleck's Palace on Church Street in the Northern Quarter.

Your apartment is a bit off to the side of the city centre. But it's still only a 20 minute walk to the farthest corner of the Triangle. Canal Street is about 10 minutes walk.

Sorry can't help with bars.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help!

Hi niallb1

As Cheshire Cat said your not far off the main shopping area and Canal Street being located near Piccadilly Gardens. You could Try the Brunswick on Piccadilly for watching the Sport. You might have a problem getting 12 in some of the pubs so may be wise to split up. Several pubs on Deansgate have screens as do a couple on Peter Street.

Have a good trip

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help!

There are lots of pubs and bars where football is shown and all in the city centre. You could try Waves bar or Bar Rogue on Portland Street, quiet close to Piccadilly Gardens but I feel becasue of your numbers you may want to go in the Sports Bar on the balcony at Piccadilly station...Beer, footy and food all in one

Manchester
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help!

Walkabout on Quay Street is quite large and has a number of screens.

5. Re: I need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Manchester