We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

I've just come back from New York and am staying just outside Manchester. When I was in NYC, I had bagels with cream cheese and lox/Nova/smoked salmon for breakfast every day, - yes, a zillion calories but delicious.

I wondered if there was anywhere that made fresh bagels - not supermarket ones please? Manchester has quite a large Jewish community so I thought there may be somewhere that make fresh ones. I've tried Sainsbury's and they do make them fresh but they're just not the same - maybe it's the water.

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

Try BagelNash

Never been myself but sound good to me.

www.bagelnash.com/BranchLocations.php?S=3

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

I live there, so should know, but I don't. Anyway, the Prestwich/Whitefield area is where Manchester's Jewish community is mainly based.... I'm sure there are places along Bury New Road that will do 'proper' bagels (there's certainly a Jewish supermarket in Higher Broughton).

http://www.shefamehadrin.co.uk/gallery.asp

thejc.com/community/community-life/32508/ame…

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

Thanks for your replies. I knew about Bagel Nash but not about the others. I'll give them a try and then start the diet.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

For central Manchester you could try Katsouri's on Deansgate - it's Greek but they do do bagels and I think they're great. Gets ridiculously busy at lunchtime.

The other place is Barbakan in Chorlton. This place is Polish (I think) and is definitely the best bakers in Manchester. They do bagels and they're fantastic.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

Thanks NFMac. I should have thought about Polish bakers as I'm pretty sure that the bagel originated in eastern Europe. I'll check that out.

6. Re: Fresh bagel shop in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:19