We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Motion Car Rental

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Green Motion Car Rental

Green Motion Car Rental advertises itself as a green company. The only green thing I experienced was my liver's colour after dealing with them - at first with the Manchester Airport branch, then with their headquarter. First, all sort of inconveniences with one of their employees: credit card charged for the whole deposit; reimbursement received very late (one day before the bank would have blocked my card!) and only after about 30 between phone calls and emails; deposit not reimbursed in full, because of not well specified exchange rate fluctuations; threats received from an employee; lies from the company; etc. etc. A very interesting aspect was the fact the Managing Director wrote me personally to apologize about all of that and offered me plenty of apologies but also the missing reimbursement and a free rental for my next visit to Manchester. That was nice and I accepted the offer but guess what? No follow up, no answers, no action. never received was I was promised and the Managing Director, just like the rest of this clown company, disappeared in the dark. Any others expereinced that with our Green friends?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

This seems to be the normal procedure with customers, get their money and if they dont like it, so what, complain but no one will listen. I am sure that Green Motion will read this review but will not have the balls to answer it, somebody needs to take a good look at this company, they seem to be living a very charmed business life.

County Londonderry...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I have been scammed this morning by Green Motion who provided me with a car for the last 7 days.

I received an email from them stating that the car was found to be damaged on return as i returned it out of hours at 0700hrs, they have said that the front bumper has been returned with a large scratch on it.

I requested photos and they duly sent them and i seen the large scratch that they were talking about its a very large 1cm in length a very conspicuous surface scratch no penetration of the paintwork that 10 minute polish would sort out.

They have now sent me an estimate from an unnamed repair centre with a estimate of £375.

I'm now in the process of contacting Trading Standards, Greater Manchester Police, my own insurance to take legal action and my bank to stop this payment.

I will also be lodging a complaint with the initial provider of the rental who appointed Green Motion to provide the vehicle.

NSW
Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I recently made the mistake of hiring a 7seater caravelle from the Leicester branch of Greenmotion. The original booking was for a Ford Galaxy but on arrival at the depot I was advised there was none availabe but was offered the VW caravelle at a more expensive price. I initially declined but was pressured into accepting it at a slightly lower premium. Although it was a relatively new vehicle with less than 2000 miles on the clock it was pointed out to me that it had been in a rear end accident causing severe paint damage. On returning the vehicle with no further damage the vehicle was scrutinised with a critical eye in order to find a fault. Eventually Iwas advised there was a slight scratch on the wheel arch which was minute and hardly a scratch. After much protest by myself he very (un)Generously charged me for respraying the quaterside at $416.00 and told me he would not charge me for time off the road while being fixed, which I thought was a rip off as I had driven it around with a damaged side rear and recieved no discount for not having a perfect vehicle. I agree It is a sham a money making racket and I advise VroomVroom who I booked through to reconsider their allegance with them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Keep away. Unlike more established companies they do not own their own cars, they rent them from other companies. Consequently if there is even a slight bit of damage they will charge, usually an extortionate amount.

I rented a car from their Birmingham office, on returning it they picked out a dent a cm in diameter which i didn't even know existed and could easily have been there before i rented the car. they took £360 from my security deposit :(

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Hi ladi_badi and welcome,

I agree about their disgraceful behaviour but I think you are mistaken about their car ownership. Many car hire companies lease their cars for a few years (or sometimes a few months) and then replace them.

Bob

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Exact same thing happened me. A tiny scratch which was probably there prior to hire and missed. There were several scratches all over the car all of which I am sure had been charged out to customers at the ridiculous rates they charge. They would have the car paid for several times over.

Expensive lesson learned.

It was an experience I never wish to encounter again and would advise everyone to steer clear.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

To be honest, I had my suspicions at the time as I could not understand how there possibly could have been damage done to the car. At the time I thought that it was possible that the person reviewing the car had scratched it. I believe there is a strong possibility that this occurred. Perhaps this is something for watchdog to investigate.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

"Rent","Lease", does it matter, i dont h think that is the point of his complaint against this company.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Agreed that it is not the point of his main complaint. However he was "complaining" about this part of their business.

I read his first paragraph as meaning they rented cars from other car hire companies. If that is what he meant then I believe he is mistaken.

They, and many other companies lease their cars from a leasing company.

Bob

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I dont wont to get into a dispute about this,they took £800 off my son which i eventually got back, where ever they got their cars from was of no interest to me, as i am sure it is the same for the other complainents. The whole point of this forum is the way this company conduct themselves.

Get answers to your questions about Manchester