We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car park for Take That

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Car park for Take That

I would appreciate ANY advice regarding which car park to use for the Take That concert. I'm driving in from the Wirral and am thinking of booking a car park online and then walking say 15 mins. But which car park is recommended? I'm coming with my 12 year old daughter so want it all to go smoothly.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car park for Take That

will be difficult to park around the stadium lots of streets are residents only you could use the car parks at the stadium itsself but you will have a long wait to get away after the concert or you could use this to park ,,

parkerscarparks.co.uk/manchester_stadium_par… i dont know much about them ..or what about parking in manchester city centre and walking to the stadium ?

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car park for Take That

I'm definitely going to avoid parking IN the stadium. My only concern with parking away from it or parking in Manchester is how we would know the way to walk. I guess there will be hoards of people going the same way though. It's years since I've been to Manch, I was a student there many moons ago... So I dont know how near the stadium is to Piccadilly. How far is it walking?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car park for Take That

Hi

What DAY are you going to the concert ? This will help giving advice re parking.

From Piccadilly, with a 12yrs old approx 20 to 30 mins, we have had numerous questions about the concert so suspect there will be plenty of people walking which should make it safer. Some people may say use the canal route BUT although quicker I dont think it is very safe so stick to the roads.

Have a good time

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car park for Take That

Agree with Maverick we have had plenty of questions about the take that concerts.there is going to be plenty of people walking from the city centre to the stadium and back so your not going to be alone with walking .why not park around that side of manchester around piccadilly and walk ,it will roughly take you 30 mins depending on how fast you want to walk ..like i said your not going to be alone in walking from the city centre

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car park for Take That

We are going this Friday, the 3rd. Think we will try and park offsite but not in Manch itself. Tried to ring Parkers but no answer despite it saying it's open all day today! Would anyone recommend just winging it and looking for parking on the day?. On MCFC website they recommend various places but no idea how to find them, one is K2 and one is Vermilllion.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car park for Take That

I think there's about 10 different threads already on this forum about the Take That gig in Manchester!

I even know the set-list!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car park for Take That

IMO it will be chaos before and after the concert anywhere within up to a mile of the stadium. Park in one of the numerous carparks in the city centre in the area near Piccadilly Stn. Then follow the crowds walking about 20 or so mins from there to the concert.

Traffic will also be very heavy everywhere as many people will be arriving at about Friday rush hour timscale.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car park for Take That

i have put on the manchester forums about help to the stadium from machester city centre which buses to use or by walking go and have a look

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187069-i236-k45…

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car park for Take That

Guys, thank you so much for your help so far but in the words of our esteemed Mr Barlow if you could just bear with me and "Have a little patience".........!

The best option now seems to be to drive to the centre of Manchester and walk to the stadium as I don't think its going to make life much easier driving out towards East Manchester and still having to walk 20 to 30 mins.

So where should I park in Manchester? I only know Kendal's car park from 20 years ago so I need some help.

I would really appreciate some hand-holding here in terms of an address for a car park then some directions to get us onto the right path for walking to the stadium.

Really appreciate your help and hopefully this thread will help lot of others.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car park for Take That

check out this is parking around manchester piccadilly which for you is the easiest for you to walk to eastlands( man city stadium) for the concert...

…parkopedia.co.uk/parking/…