We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to citycentre

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chios
Level Contributor
99 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer to citycentre

Arriving to the Manchester airport,which is the most convenient way to reach city center?By buw or by train?City centre location next to Manchester Central Convention Complex.And how much the taxi route costs?Any one who knows about this matter please respond.Thank you.Miltos Chios

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to citycentre

Train from Airport to Manchester Piccadilly. Manchester Convention Centre is then 5 mins walk.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to citycentre

Hi,

It's a bit more than a 5 minute walk to Manchester Central.

Take one of the many trains from the airport station to Piccadilly Station, the journey takes around 20 minutes and the fare is about £3.50. Your train ticket gives you free travel on the trams in the city centre.

From the station, you can catch a tram, or a free bus to Manchester Central. An Altrincham or Eccles tram will take you to St Peter's Square and The Metroshuttle #3 (purple) bus will take you close to The Midland Hotel. Both those stops are a couple of minutes walk from your destination.

tfgm.com/upload/library/Metroshuttle_Pocket_…

Good luck!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to citycentre

Hi,

I forgot, you asked about a taxi from the airport. A taxi would cost around £20.00 and wouldn't be a lot quicker than the train.

Good luck!

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to citycentre

Ooops sorry. I was getting mixed up with the Conference Centre. My apologies.

chios
Level Contributor
99 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer to citycentre

thank you for your answer!Would it be better if I `ll catch a train to Oxford road rail station and then walk?

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer to citycentre

Hi,

You can go to Oxford Road and walk to your destination, but you may have to wait longer for a train at the airport. Around 9 trains an hour go to Piccadilly Station against 4 an hour to Oxford Road Station.

The trains to Oxford Road go through Piccadilly en route, the fares are the same, so I would play it by ear when you get to the airport station.

Good luck!

chios
Level Contributor
99 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer to citycentre

thank you for everything.Best wishes

8. Re: Transfer to citycentre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 05:36
Get answers to your questions about Manchester