We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

Ireland
Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

just for general high street stores, Debenhams, M&S, Selfridges, etc.... Is it Market Street?

thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

Debenhams and M&S are on Market Street, Selfidges is in Exchange Square but can be accessed through M & S by a walk way on either the 1st or 2nd floor, I can't remember which but it's obvious when you get there. It's the lingerie floor. The Arndale Centre houses many chain stores and King Street and the surrounding areas the expensive designer shops. Kendal Milne (House of Fraser) a large department store is on Deansgate. The shopping area of Manchester is quite compact and easily walkable.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

Good advice sw, and a thumbs up for the Arndale.

www.manchesterarndale.com

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

I'm heading to Manchester in October but only for 1day. Hoping to do a little shopping. Where's best the city center or should I take a trip to the Trafford Centre

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
640 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

the city centre, because all the shops are generally bigger and there's a greater choice.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

Much as I dislike the place the Trafford Centre is good if 1. it's raining and 2. you've got a car.

99 times out of 100 I'll stick with the city centre though.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

Thanks for the info, we won't have a car and planning on staying city centre so I'll just miss out the Trafford Centre

7. Re: What is the main shopping street in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:16