We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport hotels

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
airport hotels

hi,

apart from the radisson blu, are there any other hotels right in the airport, or very very close by ?

rgds ..

uk
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport hotels

The Radisson is the only hotel right at the airport in that you can walk direct to T1 and 2 from the airport - still need to go outside to get to T3 though.

Other hotels very close include Hilton, Bewleys and Crowne Plaza. These are all 5-10 minutes walk away. Be aware however that it is not particullarly easy to walk to the terminals from these hotels however as there are busy roads inbetween, very few pavements and lots of potential dead ends.

Bewleys and the CP are probably the easier to walk to.

All do offer shuttles however which are very quick.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport hotels

thanks GeordieEngineer.

i knew there was the hilton, and it was just outside.

dont suppose you know which terminal TC fly to cuba from ?

rgds ..

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: airport hotels

Hi,

If by TC you mean Thomas Cook, they fly from Terminal One.

uk
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport hotels

Yes, all Thomas Cook flights depart from T1.

I've stayed at the Radisson and the Hilton and I prefer the Hilton as a hotel but you can't beat the convenience of the Radisson location.

Not sure how you're getting to the airport but the Hilton do some cracking park and fly deals which can include car parking for up to two weeks for not much more than the cost of the room.

Edited: 13 October 2011, 00:15
Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport hotels

hi,

yea the hilton would be good, free shuttle to the airport in the morning, i always stay at the hilton at gatwick, its 2 mins from check in !

i`ll be coming up on the train the day befor, approx £60 rtn if i book it now, ( i live just south of oxford, so its easy for me where ever i fly from.

yea i saw the cheap deals at the hilton, but cant be bothered to drive !

last november the plane was diverted from gatwick to manchester koz of the snow, so its an easy train ride !!

many thanks

rgds ..

6. Re: airport hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:16