We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation near heaton park

edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accomodation near heaton park

hi can any1 point me in the direction of cheap digs for 2 nights on 29th june 2012, near heaton park please

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation near heaton park

take it its for the stone roses gig at heaton park....there is a premier inn facing the park. or another one in prestwich. my advice would be to stop anywhere near the tram route ,as heaton park has a stop so you could stop anywhere along the bury route and still get to the park giving you a better option og hotels even letting you stop in manchester city centre then jump on tram inot heaton park

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation near heaton park

you asked a similar question in april 2009 what did you do then...same hotels are about in manchester... here is your thread from then

tripadvisor.co.uk/…17113321

edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation near heaton park

hi yes, i know i asked a similar question, but the hotel we booked in prestwich is fully booked, it was also a mission to get to and from the park, therefore, where would you recomend, as i have 1 friend with mobility problems, i would need nearby transport as well as accomodation,, and yes thanks for askin, its for the stone roses concert,, cantwait to see them,, seen ian brown on his own a dozen times,, hes fab, so they should be shithot, please help,, gail

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation near heaton park

si2008 has it right about the tram: if the local hotels are already fully booked you could try anywhere on the tram line. There is a tram stop at the edge of the park. I can imagine that it might be a bit busy queuing for a return after the concert, but with mobility problems it's an easy way to get there from hotels some distance from the event which will still have vacancies.

Here's a link to the map:

metrolink.co.uk/stationinfo/…

Places to think about looking would be Eccles, Chorlton, Stretford and possibly Sale or Altrincham.

There's a Travelodge just off the motorway at The Trafford Centre and a Premier Inn just off the M60 at Sale., but you'd need to drive to a tram stop. All tram stops have disabled access.

If you were happy to drive to a tram stop you could even widen your search to anywhere south of Preston on the M6

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation near heaton park

there is a new premier inn in bury 1 min from bury tram station then you could get the tram to heaton park which is only 5 stops away to heaton park tram station that gives you a chance to look around bury etc...

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
147 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation near heaton park

Travelodge near Asda pilsworth, M66. 4 mile from Heaton Park

Loads of room there as the staff do not even know yet about the concert.

7. Re: accomodation near heaton park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:15