We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trafford Centre dining

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Trafford Centre dining

Any suggestions where to get a decent meal in the Trafford Centre.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trafford Centre dining

I very much suspect this is the first time the words "dining" and "trafford centre" have coexisted.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
732 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trafford Centre dining

I dine often at the Trafford Centre, and as shown on their web site there are a large number of eateries. It all depends on what you call "decent".

I have also reviewed a number on TA. Some of the best of a bunch would be Carluccio's, Cafe Rouge, Giraffe, Zizzi. All large chains, but have an acceptable standard, but not gourmet dining.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trafford Centre dining

Chaobaby, Giraffe, Rice and tampopo are the ones I'd try if eating at the trafford centre.

Don't know if they are open in the evening, but I'd definitely go for John Lewis or selfridges for lunch.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trafford Centre dining

We always eat at Rice and La Tasca - both always good though La Tasca has not been so good recently - not sure if it has changed hands. Yo sushi in Selfriges is good ( if you like sushi of course).

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trafford Centre dining

There's a lot of snobbery with the restaurants at the Trafford Centre.OK, they're all chains and they'll never win a Michelin star but there's plenty of choice, always busy and they're very, very convenient.

They're all very close to each other which makes wandering around and choosing part of the evening.

My favourites are Las Iguanas (Latin American) and Chaoibaby (Thai buffet - gets very busy on weekends). Yang Sing (Chinese) was OK.

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trafford Centre dining

Thanks everybody, should have said lunch not "dining".

Will probably go to John Lewis or Selfridges.

uk
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trafford Centre dining

Personal favourites would be Kro or Yo! Sushi although the last few times I've been here it's been disappointing.

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trafford Centre dining

I love Giraffe. Most of the restaurants are chains but I have never experience any problems in any of them. I would highly recommend Rice as the service was exceptional!

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trafford Centre dining

Thanks everyone

10. Re: Trafford Centre dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:20