We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses wilmslow road

blanes
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
buses wilmslow road

There are a lot of different bus companies going down wilmslow rd from didsbury/withington to the town center. A few years ago I caught one bus into town and paid a lot and then caught a diffenent one out of town and paid a lot less but can't remember the cheaper company's name. Can anyone help?

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
637 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses wilmslow road

probably the magic bus.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses wilmslow road

Magic Bus and Finglands are the cheapest bus companies running down Wilmslow Road. Avoid Stagecoach as they are the most expensive!

Hope this helps,

Toni

blanes
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: buses wilmslow road

Thanks to you both. I now remember that the stagecoach double decker was the expensive one and if I recall correctly the cheap magic coach was single decker and a dark blue. Strange these companies don't have similiar fares!!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,365 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses wilmslow road

Erm - Magic Bus is a subsidiary of Stagecoach.

Stagecoach uses new, state of the art buses with low emissions engines and full access for wheelchairs and baby buggies.

Whereas Magic Bus use old buses at the end of their lives.

But that's UK transport policy for you.

Edited: 25 November 2011, 00:15
5. Re: buses wilmslow road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 November 2011, 00:35
blanes
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: buses wilmslow road

So the mean guys like me jump on the Magic buses and the enviromentally friendly ride the stagecoach!!!!!!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,365 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buses wilmslow road

Yes, it's called Competition and is exactly what Deregulation in October 1986 was intended to bring about.

And I am sure you will agree that Manchester has a wonderful bus service as a result :- }

Edited: 25 November 2011, 10:45
8. Re: buses wilmslow road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:42