We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girly weekend in Manchester

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Girly weekend in Manchester

Hi all,

We're planning a weekend of 4 girls to Manchester. Heard good things about the city and I now it's really big. Any suggestions for cheap hotels? Preferably free parking and good access to town centre.

Also, I was thinking of Premier Inn at Deansgate Locks. Heard that it's got free parking and free shuttle bus service. Does anyone know the route/where it drops you off? The clubs we were thinking of going to was Suede, and also some in the Printworks.

Any advice much appreciated.

We like hip-hop/R n B/Reggae/Bashment

Many Thanks in advance!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girly weekend in Manchester

That hotel is (I think) the only budget hotel with parking.

It is just on the edge of town so not completely convenient for nightlife but it's not too far. The free bus would take you to the main shopping and city-centre areas but I don't think it runs very late in the eveing.

It would be a fair old trek from the Printworks (which isn't the best place to go - it can be a bit rough) - probably a 25 minute walk.

From Suede (which I hadn't heard of - turns out it's a club next to an excellent Spanish restaurant called El Rincon - shows how very untrendy I am) I would guess at 15 mins walk.

From that location you're also very close to Hulme where they have quite a few bars and restaurants. They also sometimes have RnB nights at the Zion Centre. These are very hardcore. Hulme used to be very rundown but is now quite lively.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girly weekend in Manchester

The Premier Inn, (MEN Arena/ Printworks) may be more suitable. I believe there's free parking, but the car park isn't too big. It's a few minutes from The Printworks, right in the city centre and not too far from Suede.

Good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girly weekend in Manchester

Thank you both very much :-)

4. Re: Girly weekend in Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 10:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor