We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

chesterfield...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

I am off on my hen doo next weekend in Manchester (cant wait!). We are booked in at the doubletree by hilton, piccadilly (formerly mint hotel) and I would like some ideas for a pub crawl through the northern quarter.

The youngest of us is 21 & oldest is around 55 (mother & soon to be mother in law!) so with this in mind id like some ideas on where we could go. I'm not really into the cheesy hen doo scene hence why I am not going round deansgate / printworks area!

I would really like to book a seating area / booth in a bar for around 8.30pm for us with maybe a few bottles of wine / fizz to have to get everyone in the mood then onto a few other bars where we can have a dance (but wont be too much for the oldies!), any help you can give would be much appreciated

Thanks

Laura

uk
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

Most of the bars in the Northern Quarter are small and to avoid the hen/stag party crowds you normally find in the Printworks and on Deansgate they are often quite picky on letting large groups in.

You don't say how big your group is but if you are approaching 10+ you may have an issue.

Your best bet for larger groups is TV 21s as it is by far one the larger bars in the area. It is probably a good choice as the upstairs area is more relaxed while plenty of dancing opportunities down stairs.

I can't actually think of any where in the Northern Quarter where you could book a booth or table except restaurants obviously.

One option could be to book in for a cocktail class at Apotheca (might be a bit short notice). This would get you some private space in the basement area. I did it for a friend's birthday once and it was really excellent., A excellent way to start the evening.

Mentioned in this post
The Printworks
The Printworks
366 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Deansgate
The Deansgate
91 Reviews
Manchester, UK
TV 21 Manchester
TV 21 Manchester
14 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

I'm pretty sure Cord still has booths in it - you'll only be able to fit six in at a squash though!

Black Dog Ballroom and Bluu are the most townie of the NQ bars and also the biggest.

Again it depends on how many of you there are and what types of places you like.

Mentioned in this post
Black Dog Ballroom
Black Dog Ballroom
22 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Bluu - Manchester
Bluu - Manchester
547 Reviews
Manchester, UK
connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

excuse my ignorance but what does 'townie' mean?

4. Re: Hen doo next weekend- northern quarter ideas please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:27