We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way from airport to hotel

aberdeen
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best way from airport to hotel

Hi, Im coming to Manchester for the 1st time and wondered what the best way to get from the airport to the Park Inn, Also any info as best place to go for meals/drinks at night,Thanks

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best way from airport to hotel

Hi,

One option would be, catch the train from the airport station to Piccadilly Station and then The Bury tram to Victoria Station. Leave Victoria Station by the Trinity Way entrance, not the main entrance, turn right and your hotel is a couple of minutes walk from that entrance.

The train fare of £3.80, £4.50 before 9:30am, includes the tram fare from Piccadilly to Victoria.

Good luck!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way from airport to hotel

What's your eating preferences?

I currently like Panama Hatty's (south American) - it's at the top of King Street.

Croma (Italian), just off Albert Square is very good. Piccolino's get good ratings, but I think it's overpriced (Italian) on Albert Square

Plenty of choice around Printworks, but mostly chains.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way from airport to hotel

Thanks for your replies. Staying at the Park Inn and would like somewhere within walking distance if possible. Like Italian and Indian.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way from airport to hotel

there is a zizzis opposite the printworks which is good and a pizza express a few doors down

Croma and Piccolinos are about a 15-20 minute walk away

As far as Indian is concerned I like Swadesh on portland Street but thats a good 25 min walk I would guess

5. Re: best way from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:41