We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sudnay 10th June

Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sudnay 10th June

We are staying in Manchester Sunday 10th June to see Coldplay.

I know the city centre reasonably well, which is the best area to go out after the concert-???? we are early 30's !! ha spelt Sunday incorrectly in subject!

Edited: 02 May 2012, 14:14
Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sudnay 10th June

Depends what you like I guess. But given Sunday night will be relatively quiet, I'd suggest the Northern Quarter. Best pubs and bars imo and pretty handy for the Arena (assuming they're playing at the Arena and not Heaton Park or Old Trafford or Etihad).

Mentioned in this post
The Northern Quarter Restaurant & Bar (TNQ)
The Northern Quarter...
838 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Heaton Park
Heaton Park
727 Reviews
Bury, UK
Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sudnay 10th June

coldplay are at the etihad stadium (man city,s ground) so there is not much around there ..so then you have to get back into the city centre after the concert which will be busy to get away from so i take it you be walking back into manchester which is a good 30 min walk,,,so its only the northern quater by the time you get back into manchester which hotel are you stopping in for the concert we could give you some idea,s

Edited: 02 May 2012, 14:48
uk
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sudnay 10th June

I agree, certainly the Northern Quarter, just head for Thomas Street and you will find plenty of lively bars in the area which will be busy even on a Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
The Northern Quarter Restaurant & Bar (TNQ)
The Northern Quarter...
838 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sudnay 10th June

Hi

Thanks for the replies!

We are staying at the Jurys Inn, which I know is the other end of town to the Northern Quarter, but if it will be busy won't be a problem

Looked at the view website, appears that the majority of bars shut approx midnight, is that correct?

Mentioned in this post
Jurys Inn Manchester
Jurys Inn Manchester
467 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sudnay 10th June

Yep, probably midnight for most places on a Sunday. You might find the odd 12.30 or 1.00 though.

Maybe at Deansgate Locks (near your hotel obv) if you want to stay out past midnight (I think Revolution at Deansgate Locks is open until 2am on a Sunday).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sudnay 10th June

We are thinking of going to coldplay on saturday (Etihad Stadium) and the tickets on offer are unreserved seating level 1 but I am not sure what this means - does it mean sit anywhere and if so will we need to get there early to bag seats with a decent view? how early would you recommend and do you have to stay in your seats until the concert starts? has anyone had experience of concerts here - we saw Coldplay at the MEN which was amazing and I wondered if being outdoors means that the sound quality will be impaired?

Mentioned in this post
Etihad Stadium
Etihad Stadium
3,621 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sudnay 10th June

john f unreserved seating at the etihad stadium means that your also aloud to stand on the pitch and if you want sit on the seats surronding the pitch..last yr went to see take that with wife we got there early well before doors open to get seats near to the stage and had great view didnt bother to go and stand on pitch we just wanted them seats so we could sit untill band came on,,sound was ok for them but you never know if you get windy weather sound could be effected depends on how good speaker set up is lol

liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sudnay 10th June

Hi What time did you queue up to get the seat. I too was at concert got take that but wanted to stated but I am taking my 11 year old son to see coldplay so really want a seat for him. Did you queue in street from about 12ish

thanks

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sudnay 10th June

no i just got there for afternoon when doors open just went for seat a lot of people just went onto pitch to get to front i had no problem getting the seats i wanted

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sudnay 10th June

Are you aware that it's Parade Day in Manchester on the 10th? It's going to be amazingly busy.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK