We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamies Italian

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Jamies Italian

Hi. We have booked a table here for Monday evening at 6pm. I have looked at the menu online. Can anyone tell me just how small are the small portions for the main meals? ie enough to feed a bird or substantial enough for someone who isnt a big eater!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamies Italian

Sorry I cant help, but have they started accepting bookings now then? When they opened up he had a strict rule of no bookings.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamies Italian

Well I rang them this afternoon and they said we could have a table for 2 this Monday evening.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamies Italian

Must admit though I was quite surprised when we got the booking!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamies Italian

We booked (and had a terrible meal) in their first week of opening. We actually made the booking before they opened.

The Manchester restaurant has always taken bookings, they just limit the number they'll accept I.e. They will only reserve 25% of the capacity.

Main course portions are the usual size. It's standard mid-range Italian, not fine dining sized portions by any means.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamies Italian

We ended up having to cancel Monday evening and visited yesterday instead. To be honest the kitchens had a problem and there was only a very lomited menu available. However what really put me off is the building itself. We were sat near the kitchen and although the restaurant wasnt busy I felt it had a canteen like feel to it. Wont be visiting again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamies Italian

funny i heard it was 'Norman Dobbins' too!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jamies Italian

What does Nornan Dobbins mean?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jamies Italian

Not very good.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jamies Italian

Oh thanks. Never heard that saying before.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jamies Italian

Or 'normski" norman dobbins = bobbins i.e pony and trap.

looked in Jamies yesterday ,fantastic building,and twas very busy.Browns across the street is superb ,lovely pint of Ratheus errrrmmm.