We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester T3 to Liverpool

Augsburg, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Manchester T3 to Liverpool

hello,

im planning a short vacation in manchester with my girlfriend.

we will be staying for 5 nights and would also like to see liverpool, since its supposed to be a bit more attractive for tourists than manchester.

Which would be the cheapest way to get directly from manchester airport to liverpool city center?

thanks in advance

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

The train takes you from the airport straight into the centre of Liverpool at Lime Street Station

Details here

www.nationalrail.co.uk

Manchester
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

manchester is a more vibrant city than liverpool for nightlife and shopping but for mueseums and things to do sightseeing wise liverpool has a lot to offer.do a couple of days in each city as they are not very far apart. i also think the coach would be cheaper than the train. try national express as they have a £7.50 fare deal on at the moment including booking fee

Augsburg, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

thanks for the advices.

is it necessary to book a coach in advance? would it be possible to just buy a fare directly from the bus driver at the same price?

The reason being that i dont know how long its gonna take us to get to the bus stop, and whether or flight is going to be on time.

Manchester
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

there is booking office at the coach station in manchester picadilly. not too sure on the opening hours though

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

If you are going by coach from Piccadilly to Liverpool you will still have to travel from the airport into Manchester City Centre

For a few pounds saved by going by coach and the extra hassle

I would still say that the direct train is the better option

Direct from the airport and right into the heart of Liverpool on the world oldest passenger railway line ??? Passing through Rainhill the site of the The Rainhill Trials

http://www.rainhilltrials.com/

Edited: 22 May 2012, 19:08
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

Depends what attracts you as a tourist. Both cities have fine sights, museums and art galleries. A couple of days in each seems the best, or 3 days Manchester and one Liverpool. I think train is the best option from the airport.

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…search

Taxi would cost around £60 each way. Train around £15 each return.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,288 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

"Which would be the cheapest way to get directly from manchester airport to liverpool city center?"

So are you staying for 5 nights at T3 in Manchester Airport !?

8. Re: Manchester T3 to Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:41