We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primark in Market Street

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Graz
Level Contributor
32 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Primark in Market Street

Hi!

Does anyone know if shopping is possible at the Primark store (Market streat) in Manchester? I've heard that there's refurbishment ongoing... I'm planning to go there in August or September and I would like to do some shopping there. One reason I've chosen Manchester is the biggest Primark store on earth so I really need to know if it's worth it to go there soon.

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Primark in Market Street

Can't see them closing it entirely

As a back up there is a very large Primark in Liverpool, probably almost as big.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Primark in Market Street

no its open while the refurbishment is going on,,so now its more crowded with people

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Primark in Market Street

Here's me thinking that people came to manchester for the bars, the restaurants, the music...and all the time it was to go to Primark lol.

eiszapferi, have a great time in Manchester, but don't spend too much time in Primark!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Primark in Market Street

Lol at Steve I was thinking the same thing, I hate the place

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Primark in Market Street

Hi eiszapferl,

Primark should be open, I really can't see them closing it. I went a few weeks ago and the refurbishments were on and it was still open.

My advice to you is avoid going on a weekend - unless you like a mega shopping frenzy and a long long queue at the tills/changing rooms!

Enjoy it though, you'll find plenty of bargains! :-)

(Try out Afflecks Palace too!)

Salford, England
Level Contributor
367 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Primark in Market Street

It's open. I'm not aware of any plans to close it during refurbishment. In fact, a lot of the works are done. By the time you arrive, it may even be finished. There's a primark concession in Selfridges too if you can't find what you need in the main store. Happy shopping!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Primark in Market Street

I find that it's usually most pleasant on a Friday evening as they've just tidied up all the stock ready for the weekend, and there usually aren't too many shoppers then. :)

I suspect a Monday morning might also be relatively pleasant.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Primark in Market Street

It's always crowded when I go in there.

Just don't know how people find the time to shop so much!

Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Primark in Market Street

It IS still open, although everything is in a different place to before and the signage is rubbish. Be prepared to spend an extra ten minutes to find the department you are looking for, than a further extra five minutes to find the tills. Only people like Primark and M&S can get away with treating customers like this.

Graz
Level Contributor
32 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Primark in Market Street

Thanks guys!!!