We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled parking

Manchester...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
disabled parking

Hi we have tickets for the football at Old Trafford on Sunday 29th July I am a blue badge holder and will be using a wheelchair,Problem There are no parking spaces left for blue badge holders,not sure what to do,can anyone help?Thankyou

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled parking

Err, what you (and I) have to do if we want to park in an area and all the BB spaces are taken......

Manchester...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled parking

I am not familiar with Old trafford so was hoping for some information,thankyou for your helpful reply

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disabled parking

I guess what he was getting at us that if you need to park near the stadium but there are no bb spaces left then you'd gave to pay to stay in the car park.

The alternative of being dropped off, the car parking elsewhere and picking up would not be practical.

There's loads of parking nearby on event days, all controlled by criminal groups. Your best option is to use one of the official old Trafford car parks.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disabled parking

I guess you mean that the blue badge spots at the official OT parking areas are all fully reserved, yes?

Your other alternative is to pay for normal official OT parking and you won't be too far away. I think this is your only realistic option unless you can get dropped off.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, car parks pop up all around Trafford Park and Salford from where people then walk in. The problem is that these are often on waste ground or office car parks. Not many will have disabled spots but that makes little difference as you'll still be quite a walk away.

Ladywell tram stop has disabled spots but you'd still have to walk from the station to Old Trafford which is a good ten minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Salford
Salford
Greater Manchester, UK
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: disabled parking

Hi,

The official car parks at Old Trafford are open for The Olympics, but the web site is showing vacancies for all days bar Sunday. It looks as though it is booked up for all users.

One option would be one of the the park and ride sites.

Wheelchair users are being given priority on the buses, the sites have areas for blue badge holders and you'll be dropped off right next to the stadium.

The park and ride sites are at Salford City Stadium, The Trafford Centre and Sports City.

www.firstgroupgamestravel.com/park-and-ride/

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Salford
Salford
Greater Manchester, UK
Trafford Centre
Trafford Centre
81 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: disabled parking

thankyou for your reply

7. Re: disabled parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 10:16