We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

Kendal, Cumbria
1 post
Save Topic
Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

Hi, I am going to see Lady Gaga at the Men Arena and have seats on the upper tier at back, 3rd row back of stadium, how high is this as I am scared of heights - will I be ok? I have tried looking going into the virtual tour but it won't load.

Edited: 31 August 2012, 11:41
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

This is not what you want to hear - but at least you are aware in advance - it is high and quite steep as well.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

I don't like heights either but I have managed to cope with the upper tier. It's the steps without bannister rails that I hate, I grip OH's hand so hard that I nearly cut off his blood supply.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

was up in the gods for peter kay found it very steep and hot also the other half has problems with lots of steps, so for me never again

Level Contributor
56 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

It is very high. I was back there for a boxing match once, couldnt see much and there was a girder in the way of the screens.

Suggest taking some binoculars for a start. the height only bothers you coming down the stairs.... no dont drink much ;)

Leigh, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

My Daughter in Law and son went to see George Michael a week ago, she had to be helped out only a few minutes after the start of the event. The steps are far too steep and without a hand rail to assist you, you may get bothered. Pay for lower seats or don't go.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

And I recommend not wearing massive heels... Having your feet sturdy on the ground will help you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

I often go to the MEN arena and totally agree with all the above comments. It is quite daunting at first but after a short time, I usually get used to the height. Not for the faint hearted.

Barajas, Madrid...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

Just wondering how the concert went? Were the seats okay in the end? I am going to see Beyonce in May and am in 216, and have restricted view, is it as bad as everyone is making out?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

Just a general comment, if you suffer from vertigo try not to get seats in the first couple of rows of the upper tier - there is a big drop between the upper and lower tiers. Also, it often seems worse when empty, so don't get there too early.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upper tier at Manchester Men arena

Hi

How were your seats in 216 for beyonce? We have thos seats for her in feb, they didn't say restricted view but I am worried!

Thanks!