We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Manchester?

Ravenna
2 posts
Save Topic
How many days in Manchester?

Hello!I'm going to visit Manchester in October. I arrive on a Saturday night and I'm staying Sunday and Monday. My idea is to leave on Tuesday afternoon. My question is: is it enough to visit the town or is it worth staying longer? I would like to visit the main attractions, some museums and doing some shopping. Is it also possible to visit some places related to the band Take That? I used to be a big fan when I was younger and it would be nice to see their places!:-)

Thank you!

West Kirby...
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Hi.

I would say for the main attractions it would be long enough. Depends for example if you spend all day in One museum that no its not but on average its a good length of time.

In regards to take that i have been a fan and lived in Manchester most of my life but know nothing of their sights - certainly not anything like visiting the beatles sights in Liverpool.

Take that are from oldham anyway which is in garter Manchester and a good way out of the city. It has no attraction it is mearly a residencetial area.

West Kirby...
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Hi.

I would say for the main attractions it would be long enough. Depends for example if you spend all day in One museum that no its not but on average its a good length of time.

In regards to take that i have been a fan and lived in Manchester most of my life but know nothing of their sights - certainly not anything like visiting the beatles sights in Liverpool.

Take that are from oldham anyway which is in garter Manchester and a good way out of the city. It has no attraction it is mearly a residencetial area.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 06:50
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Manchester?

One was from Oldham, one from Stoke, one from Cheshire and two from Manchester. There are no real Take That places as they didn't do the 'gigging in hundreds of pubs and clubs' things. More like nightclubs and gay venues.

Very succesfully though - I bet a Take That tour would make plenty of money.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Hi,

You may find this site useful..

http://www.newmanchesterwalks.com/

Good luck!

5. Re: How many days in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2012, 17:32
6. Re: How many days in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 10:17