We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code

Can anyone tell me the dress code for most places in The Printworks? Is it a shoes and shirt affair, or would chinos and cons be ok for a night out? only asking because in Ireland Converse are ok in most places, nut i wasnt allowed into places in London wearing them.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code

don't really go out in the printworks, myself, but i wouldn't expect you to have to wear shoes. some bouncers do like to be awkward though.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code

oh dont i know ha, thanks for the reply.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code

Nightclubs? Or restaurants?

Most restaurants I would guess would be happy to see you dressed as you would normally be for walking about the town

Nightclubs?

Last time I went it was Cuban heeled boots, penny round ollars, flared trousers, and afro permed hair, unisex

How could you tell the blokes from the girls?

The blokes sported Zapata moustaches and medallions

So no help there, unless of course the fashion cycle has rotated somewhat.

Pips nightclub,near the Printworks, when the printworks was er printing newspapers

Enjoy

no matter what shoes you decide on

Edited: 01 March 2013, 16:07
Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code

ok im guessing that was a pee take comment, but non the less it made me chuckle...

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,496 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code

<< the fashion cycle has rotated somewhat>>

Oh no, why didn't someone tell me...

I don't think you will have a problem with your shoes. More of a problem may be if you are a big group trying to get in (and late) at the same place. If they don't like your shoes, then I would say FFS and go to somewhere in the Northern quarter. TV21 for instance. Can't believe they would look at your footwear choice, and downstairs is an indie disco (suits me anyway...). There are hundreds of places to go.

6. Re: Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 05:16