We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Crewe, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Anyone who is going to use Jet peaks 3 and jet parks plus parking at Manchester airport give yourself some extra time as there are major roadworks in between the m56 and the car parks. I've just missed my flight because if them

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Oh no!

Thanks for taking the time to warn people, when you must be very stressed yourself.

Hope you manage to get on another flight without too much delay or expense.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

The road works are in connection with the new tram line to the airport. Completion date is said to be 2016 - so you have been warned!

Lytham St Anne's...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Thanks very much for the information

Is there an alternative route that would bypass or miss the roadworks on a trip down from Preston. Perhaps coming off the motorway early or later ?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Thanks for this. I am looking at booking airport parking when we go from Manchester in 2 weeks, will this also affect the longstay car park? I am deciding between the longstay at £40 and the jet parks at £32 as we are in a high van and these are the only ones that say height allowed is 2.2 metres.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

You shouldn't have too much trouble getting to Jet Parks One and Two, or the long stay car parks, just don't leave it until the last minute. The main problems are on Ringway Road West and Aviator Way, the roads that lead to Jet Parks Plus and Three from The M56.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Ok thanks, I'll make sure we don't leave it too late.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

The roadworks are no great deal. 5 minutes delay in each direction at most ( remember the bus getting you to and from carpsrk will also be affected)

Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

We also missed our flights due to the road works and the poor signs for the diversion, did you complain?

We have been advised to complain as MAN were aware of the potential problems but have failed to notify customers when booking. Unfortunatley we didnt think to check Tripadvisor for our car park :I

We had to buy new flights to join our family on holiday, but the extra money spent was not a good start to our trip!

Edited: 30 May 2013, 20:25
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
179 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Now I am wondering if I should book Jet Parks Plus for late September? I will arrive at 0400 so possibly not much traffic around. I am going to T1. Delays don't matter much on the return flight.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Road works affecting access to jet parks 3 & jet parks plus

Unless the difference in price is large why not just park in the airport T1 long stay. At 4.00a.m. it will be dark and the area is a mess. Alternatively just allow yourself lots of time.