We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
848 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

My little boy and hubby are doing a tour of the Ethiad stadium in June and we want to stop in a Premier Inn any idea which one is fairly close to the stadium ? Also me and my daughter plan on dong the Trafford centre for the day what sort of distance away is the stadium from the Trafford centre please ?

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

Are you relying on public transport, or will you have a car? The stadium and The Trafford Centre are on opposite sides of the city, but both are well served by public transport. If you are using public transport, I would advise you to stay at one of The Premier Inns in the city centre. We could be more helpful if we knew your travel arrangements.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
634 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

the tram (droylsden bound) now stops right outside the stadium, so that's easy. you can take a tram to the traffic centre (altrincham bound), but have to catch a shuttle bus from streford. i'd buy a weekend family saver ticket.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

Staying in the city centre itself is much better than attempting to stay near the stadium. Premier Inn Central (sometimes called GMEX) is in a good area, also Premier Inn Portland St. Both are handy for the tram system, and buses if you choose to use buses. If you were to be travelling by car, note that parking in city centre is expensive. But -

If you are in a car, certainly consider staying in one of the Premier Inns located actually at the Trafford Centre (that option wholly better than considering near the stadium).

Nottingham
Level Contributor
848 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

Thank you everyone we will have the car so am thinking maybe the Premier inn near the Trafford centre would be better.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

And there's three from which to choose, all a close by. The one called 'South' is inside the whole Trafford Centre carpark area, 1 mins walk to the entrance. 'North' and 'West' are about 5 mins walk from entrances. All very suitable.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

I agree, The Trafford Centre would be your best bet. I think that your children will be happier there, than traipsing around the city centre. Old Trafford stadium is a short ride from The Trafford Centre, but if your husband is content with the second best, The Etihad wouldn't be too much out of the way in a car. : ))

Nottingham
Level Contributor
848 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

Ha ha irlgeo it is my little boy who is the Man city fan hubby is Everton. Thanks for the good advice everyone.

8. Re: Ethiad stadium - Premier inns ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:16