We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From MAN to Old Trafford

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From MAN to Old Trafford

Can someone please tell me exactly how to get from the Manchester airport to Old Trafford? In detail? I don't want to get there and get confused as to which train stop, etc.

Thanks so much!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

And actually, while we're at it....how about coming from the area around the National Football Museum back to MAN?

(Thanks again....)

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

Train to Piccadily, Metrolink or walk (1/2 hr or so) from there. If money no object a cab all the way is quicker. The best station for the football museum is Victoria, but it's only 10 mins walk from Picadilly so don't worry too much, it's very central.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

Thanks!!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

There are trains every few minutes from the airport rail station to Manchester Piccadilly Station in the city centre. The journey takes about 20 minutes. Once you get to Piccadilly Station go to The Metrolink station on the lower level and catch an Altrincham tram to Old Trafford (cricket ground), the football stadium is a short walk from that tram stop. You'll see the stadium when you leave the tram station.

Purchase a £7.50 Daysaver (train and tram) travel card at the airport station, that will cover all your journeys.

http://tinyurl.com/o2f9cw2

To get to the National Football Museum, walk back to the tram station and catch one of the trams that stops at Victoria Station in the city centre. The museum is near to the front of that station.

A tram from Victoria Station will get you back to Piccadilly Station for your train back to the airport.

There are other tram stations near to Old Trafford on other lines, but I would stick to the above suggestion.

If you prefer taxis, you'll find taxi ranks outside the stations mentioned and at Old Trafford.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you SO much!!

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

Do the trams run out to the trafford centre, or is it bus only.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

trams don't go straight to TC but you can go into town (Piccadilly) and get a bus from there. Takes about 20 minutes traffic permitting.

Not worth the trip IMHO but I'm not a big fan of shopping :)

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

The 250 and X50 (express) buses from Piccadilly Gardens bus station will get you to The Trafford Centre. A Daysaver ticket is £4.00. I'm not a shopper, but over 30,000,000 people visit it each year. It must be doing something right.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

Puffin3, If you don't have to rush back to the airport after visiting The National Football Museum and you fancy a bite to eat, or just a walk around the city centre, the museum is ideally situated for the shops and lots of restaurants.

You could then catch one of the free Metroshuttle buses back to Piccadilly Station. The #1 runs straight into Piccadilly Station, it's a 6 minute service and there's a stop at the front of Marks and Spencer.

http://tinyurl.com/nmsnyp6

10. Re: From MAN to Old Trafford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:16