We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing a hotel

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choosing a hotel

Hi all,

Narrowed it down to the following hotels, dont think i can go too wrong with any of them but would appreciate your advice n terms of location, quality etc

1) Abode hotel

2) Premier inn Piccadilly

3 Mercure Hotel

In terms of price, mercure is the cheapest and abode is the most expensive (and seems pricey to eat and drink!) Though there is not much of a price difference between them all.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

Hello,

Mercure used be a Jarvis. 1960s new concrete tower.The Accor Group owners have a reputation dependent on local staff. Once the city's most famous cocktail bar lounge.

Parking up the ramp.

mercure.com/gb/…index.shtml

Premier are as their ads. Boxes from recent former commercial blocks. Budget.

Abode was a warehouse close to Piccadilly railway station. Modern.

And the recommendation is only for you.

Suggest room only unless you can get a deal. Plenty of excellent places nearby for breakfast.

Rooms will have tea/coffee facility.

Many local choice of restaurants/bars/pubs because the City centre is very compact and walk-able from any of your choices above.

Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

Thanks for that. Yes the abode does look modern and maybe a little cold if I'm honest :-).. If there is no difference in location I might go with the Mercure. Thanks again!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

Although I'm a fan of the Premier Inns (I used to use them a lot on business), I think for your needs the Mercure would be the best bet. It has a good, central location and is well served by the local transport (tram/train, bus and taxi). Lots of places to eat/drink and just take in Manchester in the general area too.

Have a good visit :)

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

I stay in Premier Inns a lot around the country although I haven't stayed in the Manchester one and am usually pleasantly surprised. I always find decent rooms, good facilities and very comfortable beds and many have been recently upgraded. In terms of facilities the Mercure is not quite as good but is acceptable and obviously a good price. It has a good central location so for the price, I think it's a good bet.

Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

Went with the mercure and it did the job, was very happy with it. Thanks again!

6. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 22:05
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

Hi Dee,

Thanks for giving a report about your stay. Hope it really did the job at a good price!

Please give us a brief TripAdvisor review so we can all keep up to date.

We use Accor/Mercure/Sofitel and they can be exceptionally good places and invest/improve the business.

Regards

8. Re: Help with choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 06:17