We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

I was hoping to get tickets to this game while on our vacation from America. We are members of Manchester United. I noticed today that this game has gone to ballot. What do you think my chances are of being successful in the ballot? We will be applying for 2 tickets.

Other option is obviously Thomas Cook, but I'd really rather sort out my own hotel, etc. and not pay the mark up. But if this game seems like one that will sell out and not everyone will get tickets, then paying extra is better than not seeing the game at all.

Any suggestions or opinions from people who have attempted tickets for a game like this?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

I'd have thought this is one of the least likely games at Man U to sell out. So on that basis you have a good chance, but "a good chance" != "certainty".

What actually is the mark up if compared to DIY, assuming you will need a hotel anyway?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

I would give the ticket office a call. There will be some tickets available for this game I would think. They generally have returns for games such as this. If you have applied through the ballot theres a good chance you may get tickets anyway.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

I'm also a member who appies through ballots. It's a Saturday match so reduces chances slightly, and also only 2nd Premiership home match of the season which also reduces chances - but against Crystal Palace increases chances. I would estimate 80% chance of successful application (might be even more up to 100%, difficult to predict for first few ballots).

What I would do is phone up immediately and speak to Ticket & Membership services. Tell them you're already a member, tell them you're on a special trip from USA to Manchester and ask if they can specially (as a one-off) sell you a normal ticket there and then without you having to go in the ballot. You never know, just ask and see if that works. Best of luck.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

Ok we're weighing everything and trying to decide how to proceed. I can't call the ticket office until tomorrow since my phone won't call overseas.

The up-charge from the cheapest Thomas Cook option based on us needing a 2nd hotel room for the other 2 of us, and paying for the museum tour (we were doing anyway) and tickets ourselves otherwise is about £140. Thomas Cook doesn't ask ages, so it seems as if they're rounding up, assuming adult tickets, when in reality I have a 16 year old going, so his ticket won't be more than £23.

We're leaning towards putting our names in the ballot, hoping for the best, and if we're not successful hoping that Thomas Cook still has something left or that Manchester United has some returned tickets to sell.

manchester england
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

this game is a lunchtime ko and is on tv, if you are a member you will have a very good chance in the ballot

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

your chance of getting a ticket are slim..

7. Re: Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Sept 14th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:24