We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

Hi All

I need to get to the Manchester City's Carrington Training ground from Manchester Piccadilly Station. Apart from getting a cab, can I get either another train or bus near to the where this place is?

I just want to see players arrive or leave, where is the best place to wait for them?

Thanks in advance.

1. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 00:06
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

The easiest way is to walk down the ramp and along London Rd into Piccadilly. There is a big bus station on the far side of Piccadilly gardens, where you can get the 255 bus to Carrington lights. There you turn left where the bus turns right, and walk for about 15 minutes, maybe a bit less. The training ground is on the right hand side of the road. Be warned, there is nothing else in this area - no shops etc. at all.

Details and further info here:

traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/…

The 252 bus goes past the ground, but to get that you would have to get a tram (metrolink) to Sale, then the buses are only every hour.

Oh, and you just stand outside. There is a footpath to the right of the fence, but it can be very overgrown.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 11:29
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

Thank you for your help. It's so detailed.

I googled the postcode M31 4AB, it reads "Dainewell Farm". So is this the training ground?

Where is the best place to wait for them? I just want to try my fortune to see whether I can get a signature.

4. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 13:35
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

Dainewell farm is just up the road.

There is a pretty small layby/bus stop by the entrance, which is where you will have to stand to get any signatures. You will not be allowed in!!

My son (now 15) had a phase of going there about 12 months ago, and the players and manager were always happy to pose for photos with him and his mates, and autographs as well. I wouldn't expect them to sign shirts, balls etc., as there has been a lot of trouble with people selling stuff on with many clubs.

One thing you haven't mentioned is when are you going - I have no idea which days they train and which they don't, so you need to get that sorted unless you want a wasted journey.

Good luck, and say hello from me!!

Edited: 02 August 2013, 19:00
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

Is the bus stop "Ashton Upon Mersey, Carrington Lane/Ackers Farm (E-bound)", with Broadoak Of Manchester and Michael Gauci Painting & Decorating nearby? Thank you for your remind of the time. I plan to go there on Aug 26, I'm really not sure whether they will train on that day. If the match is on Aug 24, it's fine, but if the match is on 25th or 26th, oh what a pity!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

No, that's Sale Sharks, about 200m further east.

There are AFAIK no other businesses nearby.

If you get off the 255 at the junction of the B5158 and the A6144 'Carrington lights' turn left at the lights towards Sale and the ground is on the right after about 500m or a bit more.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

Hi Steve,

I'm looking to get down to City's ground aswell to get a look at the players and see them come and go etc. Is there a tram that goes there direct as that's how I would look to get there? if not, which is the nearest tram stop?

Thank you very much.

Also, have you any idea how I would find out times of training and the players schedule? Thanks again mate.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

No tram anywhere remotely nearby (closest is Sale, about 3 miles away), sorry I don't have any schedules for training.

I've been away for a couple of weeks, hence the slow reply...

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Manchester City Training Ground Carrington?

No problem, thanks mate. I think my best bet is the bus.

Thanks