We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

Hello

my easyjet flight will arrive at 1210 will i be able to catch the 1255 to doncaster,i will be sitting on first row in the flight so i can get out quick.

Thanks

Torben

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

If you book a Transpennine Express service they have an easement whereby, if you buy an 'Advance' ticket and miss your booked train due to flight or airport delay, you can use any train up to three hours later.

You must get your ticket endorsed at the ticket office at Manchester Airport station before you board the train.

If you arrive at the airport without a ticket, you can buy one at the ticket office at the Airport station and simply get on the next train out.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 14:53
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

You'll more than likely arrive at Terminal One, that terminal is the nearest to the station. You'll find that it will take you less than 10 minutes to walk between the two.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

You are cutting it fine. There is often quite a long walk from the gate to passport control and then baggage reclaim. And you can only use your train ticket on the next train if your incoming flight has been delayed not because you underestimated the time needed. Better to buy the ticket when you arrive to be on the safe side.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,091 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

< Better to buy the ticket when you arrive to be on the safe side. >

The easement protects OP in case of late arrival so there's no need NOT to buy in advance

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

Thank you,i should have mentioned that i will only have hand luggage

Edited: 05 August 2013, 16:32
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

Alanrow, as far as I am aware the arrangement only applies if the plane is late, which is why you have to have an endorsement from the airline. You cannot get on the next available train if the plane arrived on time but you did not leave sufficient time to deplane, clear passport control etc

8. Re: how much time do i need from landing to get to the train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:19