We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Nashville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Need to know how to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western Pinewood on wilmslow

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Train times to Appley bridge also in the link above, code APB.

I guess that your visit is family/genealogy? (Not that it's any of my business, just being nosey!)

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Not worth going back into city centre especially if it is nearly dark when you arrive (when are you coming? It isn't dark till almost 9 pm at the moment) If you want to eat reasonably there is a Chef and Brewer pub/restaurant just up road from your hotel where we have always had acceptable meals. For posher dining a taxi into Wilmslow or Alderley Edge would take you into the land of the Manchester rich and famous.

For Manchester sight seeing don't miss going inside the Royal Exchange to see board with prices of last day of cotton trading there. Then look at the Town Hall but go down Deansgte to the John Rylands library and then on to the free museum of Science and Industry to see what made Manchester the capital of the industrial revolution. Nearby Castlefield here Manchester began as a Roman fort and where a network of of canals meet is also well worth a visit.

For industrial heritage do try to visi Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Village which is only a couple of miles from your hotel.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 08:30
Nashville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Steve,thanks for your help, and Chesterbuff also. We are going to Scotland for an eight day church festival. We were going to stay near Manchester with a a friend but something came up and now we have to fit two extra hotel nights into our budget. We will be attending church in Appley Bridge. Just hoping for a little site seeing before flying back home. Y'all have been so much help. Thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Have a great trip!

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Say a prayer for me,enjoy your stay in Manchester,we visited Nashville a couple of years ago and was made very welcome.

There are tons of restaraunts in Manchester ( just search other threads) but check with us for your best options.There are several average places in Wilmslow.Finally there is a very nice Indian place just a few minutes drive away from your hotel Sagnam,if you like curries ,which we love here in Manchester.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

One of my favs is curry. I hope my travelling companion likes it too.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

It would have helped to know the rail station at Handforth has many steep stairs to reach the road. We were with several pieces of heavy luggage, two women alone, almost dark, trying to get to our hotel. Not a good combination. I wish I had know how remote the location was. We had to call for a taxi. Better to stay closer in.

18. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 23:05
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

Too late now, but you can do a virtual tour of most UK rail stations on The National Rail site.

www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/

These are the said steps.

http://tinyurl.com/pnq8bbg

The pub at the top of the stairs would have helped in your recuperation. :-))

20. Re: best way to get from Piccadilly Station to Best Western

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20